MAC Spring Color Forecast Haul - Review and Swatches

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Now that spring is here, MAC released a timely collection with an array of color for us to switch to brighter and more vibrant makeup looks.  Here's my small haul from the collection:


Pls click on pictures for a larger/close up view!

Despite the large amount of eyeshadows that came out with this collection, I only picked up the three that I personally found most unique. I didn't pick up Da Bling b/c it's permanent and I have it, Rosy Outlook didn't show up on me at all, Lala is too similar to Romping from Hello Kitty Quad, and the rest of the coral colors were not flattering on me.




Nanogold is a lustre formula which is not really my favorite.  However, nanogold has much less fallout than the lustres I've seen.  The color is very unique with cream shimmer and a pink undertone/duochrome?  

Perky is a salmon color that applies soft and smooth as most satin finishes often do.  I love this for a pop of color that's not so bright but still colorful

Very Violet is a gorgeous violet color that is so incredibly smooth for a frost formula.  I have nothing like this in my collection so I was very excited to pick this up.


I picked up the Stacked 1 pigment set since the colors were so vibrant and pigmented, I couldn't pass! It's a neat idea to have these in 4 stackable jars as an opportunity for pigment newbies to try out colors without having to purchase the full size for $20 bucks.


The only disappointment for me was the light purple color which is ridiculously chunky.  It is very similar to Lovely Lilac but much more difficult to work with. The dark purple is my favorite out of the four and is great for a smokey purple look.  Light pink can be used for a soft pink look or paired with dark pink for a pop of color. In fact, doesn't dark pink look a lot like Lala but in pigment form? This is probably the most versatile set of pigments because the colors are flattering on all skin tones.  Stacked 2 really turned me off because the colors are so similar to one another and it has a metallic sheen, making it difficult to pull off for an everyday look.  Definitely not as flattering and smooth as Stacked 1 in my opinion.


Ripe Peach was the only ombre I picked up due to the hype..lol.  It is an ok color but I have to be very careful with it.  There have been days when I'd leave the house looking like I smeared a carrot on my face because it is so orange!  You just have to swirl the middle and the bottom more to get a nice peachy color.  Here's a comparison between Ripe Peach and Hello Kitty Tippy blush.




Last but not least, I picked up Laugh A Lot lipstick and it is my absolute favorite HG lipstick for MLBB.  It is a nice rosy smooth color on my lips.  I had to return Fresh Salmon b/c it was too frosty and corally on my lips.  The lipglasses were a pass b/c they were too glittery and sticky for me.


I'd love to know what you picked up from this collection and what are your favorites?

4 comments:

Sandra. J said...

i wish i wouldve picked up all these products... so cute!

naturalnchicmakeup said...

Sandra - aww did you skip out on SFC?

resham said...

I am such a loser...I picked only laugh a lot lippie...i assume its from SFC...i am so hopeful that those quads will hit my cco someday...they beter come....or i will die...lol!!!

naturalnchicmakeup said...

Resham - I think there are still quads left at the stores. If not, they'll definitely hit the CCOs.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!