Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliners: Swatches and Review

Monday, April 5, 2010

Aside from their famous shimmer bricks, Bobbi Brown is also well known for their gel eyeliners. These have one of the highest ratings by fellow beauty lovers on MUA.  I was at a Bobbi Brown counter once for a makeover and I fell in love with these liners.  They are smooth, pigmented, and have great wear time.  The line carries 16 colors weighing in at 0.1oz/3g and retailing for $21.



I bought my first eyeliner from Bobbi Brown in Black Ink.   Out of the 16 current colors on the website, only 3 are shimmer gel eyeliners.  BB usually releases the shimmer liners in special collection so you'll have to keep an eye out for them.  Here I'll review Black Ink, Black Mauve Shimmer Ink, and Chocolate Shimmer Ink.


Black Ink is a super gorgeous jet black.  MAC Feline has to stand down next to this liner.  Whenever I go on a special event or want to have a really nice smokey eye, this is my go to color.

Black Mauve Shimmer Ink is much lighter than Black Ink and is a beautiful gray color with shimmer.  It is like a MAC Sweet Sienna pigment in a gel formula.

Chocolate Shimmer Ink is a dark brown with shimmer and goes on very smooth.  I love to use this for a neutral everyday look.


Overall I love these gel liners because they have extremely long wear time even for oily lids. The pigmentation for Black Ink is unbeatable from all the other brands for me.  It is the blackest of black I've ever seen for an eyeliner.  The shimmer ink liners are not as intense as the regular ones but they are gorgeous combined with glittery eyeshadows.  Once set, these eyeliners will not budge or smudge even for a 10 hour day.  I highly recommend checking these out at your local Bobbi Brown counter when you get a chance.

What's your most favorite eyeliner?

5 comments:

Girly Tomboy Extraordinaire said...

16 colors - WOW! I'll have to check these out next time I'm at a BB counter. That shimmery brown is really nice.

How are tese compared to the MAC fluidlines?

Nepenthe said...

I love my BB gel liner.. I reach for Black Ink almost every day. :]

naturalnchicmakeup said...

GTE - I have not used MAC fluidlines yet but I've heard great things about it. I think I'll try it out after I finish BB.

Nepenthe - yay for a fellow Black Ink lover!

Leenda said...

I agree! I love Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners! I'm liking that chocolate shimmer ink color. Maybe I will pick that up next time. I have the bronze shimmer one and it is a lighter color in comparison to the chocolate shimmer ink color. I like the darker brown colors. Thanks for the swatches!

naturalnchicmakeup said...

Np Leenda. Chocolate shimmer is really gorgeous. I love to use it for a neutral look.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!