Laura Mercier Skincare Face Polish Review

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Laura Mercier is a brand mostly known for tinted moisturizer and her wonderful smelling body cremes.  Recently I got a chance to try out the face polish from Nordstrom's GWP last month.  The sample is a good 0.4 fl. oz in a cute package that I can easily take on the road during travel.

The original size of Laura Mercier's Face Polish is 3.5oz and retails for $30USD.  Considering the quality and size of the product, the price is quite reasonable.  The first thing I do with any new product is a smell test to see if there are any strange or chemical odor.  Right off the bat, I fell in love with the pleasant apricot scent from this face polish.  I gently squeezed the tube for a small amount of the polish onto my hand to see the consistency of the product as shown below:















It comes out as a soft and almost souffle-like lotion that is gentle to the touch.  However, when gently rubbed onto the skin, I could definitely feel the grainy texture of the polish. Although the grains are not large, there are quite a good amount of them in the product.


The grains are good for deep exfoliation to remove dirt and impurities in the pores. You only needed a pea size for each use, apply on damp skin, and gently spread the product around your face.  One of the greatest things about this polish is that after I rinsed it off, the back of my hand felt smooth and velvety.  The sweet smell of apricot lightly lingers so that's an additional bonus.

Overall I really like Laura Mercier's Face Polish but cannot use this very often because any type of grainy exfoliator will aggravate my skin and cause me to break out.  For those of you who like the grainy feeling of St Ive's Apricot Scrub, you will have no issues using this product.  The grains in LM Face Polish are much finer than St Ive's Apricot Scrub and are less harsh on the skin. It does a great job of cleaning the face, leaving it soft and smooth instead of tight/dry. I highly recommend checking out this product or getting a sample from your local counter/Sephora if you're unsure how your skin will react.  LM has definitely peaked my interest so I'll definitely try out the other skincare products from the line.  You can get more information on the product here at Laura Mercier.

What is your HG exfoliator?  Is there a face scrub you'd recommend for acne-prone sensitive skin?

2 comments:

agmini said...

I like Paula's Choice BHA exfoliators...I prefer non-abrasive exfoliators because I am afraid of tearing and scarring from the physical exfoliators.

naturalnchicmakeup said...

thanks for the suggestion agmini. I'll look into this product. Is it a gentle glycolic peel or a fruit acid?

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!