To Haul or Not Haul?

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

MAC is releasing yet another collection, Pret-A-Papier in stores this Thursday, 4/22/2010 but the collection is already online if you can't wait to see it in person.  It is a much bigger collection compared to Prep For Colour.  Here are some details/images from Specktra.net




Chromagraphic Pencil $14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN
  • NC 15 / NW 20
  • NW 25 / NC 30
Impeccable Brow Pencil $15.00 U.S. / $18.00 CDN
  • Dirty Blonde - Blackened Dark Neutral-Brown
  • Taupe - Mid-Tone Dirty-Taupe
Studio Fix Lash $13.00 U.S. / $15.50 CDN
  • Black Fix - Black
Sheertone Blush – $18.50 U.S. / $22.00 CDN
  • Instant Chic - Mid-Tone Muted Coral
  • Garb - Light Golden Suntan
Mineralize Blush $23.00 U.S. / $27.50 CDN
  • Light Over Dark - Light Yellow Brown/ Dark Peach (Frost)
Paint Pot $16.50 U.S. / $22.00 CDN
  • Coral Crepe - Soft Coral
  • Ground Work - Mid Tone Neutral Taupe
Lipstick $14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN
  • ArcheType - Sheer Light Gold (Lustre)
  • Dressmaker, Dressmaker - Creamy Light Peach Coral (Lustre)
  • Made To Order - Creamy Mid-Tone Dirty Coral (Lustre)
  • Kraft - Creamy Mid-Tone Warm Brown (Amplified)
Lipglass $14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN
  • C-Thru - Peachy – Beige With Shimmer
  • Fold and Tuck - Mid-Tone Bright Coral W/ Soft Pearl
  • Pret-a-Papier - Dark Reddened Bronze W/ Pearl
Eye Shadow $14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN
  • Tissue Weight - Frosted Pale Peach (Frost)
  • Bamboo - Light Beige with Peach (Matte)
  • Cut To Fit - Frosted Red-Bronze (Frost)
  • Gazette Grey - Dark Green-Grey With Gold-Pearl (Velvet)
  • Memorabilia - Dirty Purple (Matte)
Nail Lacquer $12.00 U.S. / $14.50 CDN
  • Brown Bag - Mid-Tone Warm Dirty Beige (Cream)
  • Originality - Sparkly Copper Bronze (Frost)

As much as I love MAC, I can't really keep up with all the collections being released.  There are at least 2 a month and it's detrimental to my wallet!  All kidding aside, I feel very iffy about this collection because I think the coral theme is overplayed.  I can think of at least 3 other brands that released similar collections that all contain coral.  Although spring/summer is here, I would like to see a bit more color concentration in pink, yellow, gold, or even bright red instead.  The idea behind the paper theme is neat but the eyeshadow colors are again dupable.  I think the most I'll pick up is Instant Chic blush, Dressmaker, Dressmaker lipstick and maybe..just maybe Coral Crepe Paint Pot.  Although I'm close to leaning towards picking up nothing at all =)  But no worries, I'll have swatches up of the entire collection when it launches for you.

What do you think of Pret-A-Papier? Are you planning to pick anything up?

14 comments:

Penelope said...

The Instant Chic sheertone blush looks like quite a fun colour. I would probably not get anything from this collection though, and wait for the their Back To The Beach summer collection. Thanks for the post!

resham said...

I have Ravishing Lipstick n honestly, I look ugly wth that on...I personally don't feel comfortable in orangey/corally kind of lippies...though I am always looking for that one perfect coral lippie....
The paint pot looks nice on specktra swatches...but seriously, I won't be getting much use out of it...i beter pick Dirty GPS....Lookin fwd for the swatches...this comment has become tooo long./..lol!!!

naturalnchicmakeup said...

Penelope - I know what you mean. I'm stoked for To the Beach collection as well.

resham - It is hard to find a fitting coral just like a perfect red! Have you tried any corals from Chanel?

Nepenthe said...

I will definitely be checking out the new paint pot, as I'm a coral junkie AND I much prefer the matte/cream finish to the frosty ones.

Might check out the other stuff, but I don't think there is anything else particularly unique.

coffretgorge said...

i agree! they have so many collections its hard to keep track anymore! hehe. i love your blog, so i followed. :)

naturalnchicmakeup said...

Nepenthe - Let me know how you like the paint pot. It's been generating quite a buzz.

Coffretgorge - aww thanks!

~AnGeL~ said...

totally agree with you.. It's so hard to keep up with MAC collection.. >.< We have almost the same list. I would probably pick up the blush and the paint pot. Not sure if I want the lipstick. I'm not a huge fan of coral lipstick but a lot of people are talking about this Dressmaker, Dressmaker lipstick. I'm totally saving up for To The Beach collection. LOL.

Miss♥Nikka said...

I know Mac been releasing a lot of collection and i also cant keep up! I would pass on this one since nothing interest me. I actually saw the collection last week at my Nordstrom. But looking forward for your swatches might change my mind about this. Lol

The Girly Tomboy said...

I'm so burned out from all of the MAC collections - they're all starting to morph together in my head. I'll definitely need to see it in person, and even then I doubt I'll get anything unless it WOWs me.

superwoolu said...

do we need another collection so soon?! the colors are all the same but in different packaging O__O

Sarah said...

No, I won't purchase anything from this collection. Just a bit "meh" in my opinion... I'd rather haul from other brands right now. ;)

Shop N' Chomp said...

Hee hee...I agree with you. I can't keep up with their collections too! I do always try to check 'em out though...lol. I hope you get that Burberry bag! I'm going to try to resist this one. ;)

Naiyana said...

I know what you mean about depleting wallet :(
Mac does that to me...well makeup does that to me...and at the rate Mac is been dishing out collections is hard keeping up and justifying the cost/need... :(

Musicalhouses said...

Nothing in this collection really jumps out at me, which is a good thing! But I hope to check it out in person...

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!