MAC Superglass Collection Swatches and Review

Friday, May 7, 2010

MAC launched a new set of lip products called Superglass on May 6, 2010.  These are similar to Dazzleglasses but the glitter pieces are much bigger in snowflake form.  The packaging is also in the form of a hexagonal tube instead of the usual circular top.  There are 9 Limited Edition shades released retailing at $18 USD for 4.5g / 0.15 us oz.  Based on the volume, these are cheaper than Dazzleglasses (1.92 g / 0.06 us oz) and Cremesheen Glass (2.4ml / 0.08 us oz) both also sold at the same price.  Now let's get on with the swatches and review!

                                                   Image courtesy of Specktra

Here I have 8 out of the 9 colors swatch for you.  The missing color is Sweet Tart which is a lighter version of Superflash! 





Tunnel of Love is a brown with orange and silver glitter snowflakes.
Sugar Overload comes out as a clear gloss with orange and silver glitter snowflakes.
Superflash! is a medium pink with orange and silver glitter snowflakes.
Totally Bang! is a fuchsia with orange and silver glitter snowflakes
Gift Wrap is a pinky peach orange and silver glitter snowflakes
Cherry Electric is a cherry pink with orange and silver glitter snowflakes
Fab Frenzy comes out as a purple with vibrant violet and silver glitter snowflakes. 
Disco Blend is a light orange color with orange and silver glitter snowflakes

As you may have noticed, all of these with the exception of Fab Frenzy have orange and silver glitter snowflakes.  They are not fine shimmer or glitter but large chunky flakes that are very noticeable. They look pretty on the hand but not so flattering on the lips for me. These are quite sticky in my opinion and the glitter doesn't spread evenly so it looks as though I  placed large pieces of flakes randomly on my lips.  


I personally didn't pick up any of these because I'm not a glittery lipstick/lipgloss type of gal and these flakes are simply too big.  However, I definitely think the colors themselves without the glitter are flattering.  If you are into glittery lipglasses, these will be up your aisle.  I would highly recommend trying these on the lips before purchasing to make sure you like the feel, and how they look on you.  


What do you think of the Superglasses? Are you planning to pick any up?

15 comments:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

I probably won't. Mac comes out with new lines everytime I start to learn about a product :p I'm not into these super glittery glosses but I can see that it's great for stage makeup :p

Mansi said...

these are really really gritty in texture, but i still bought sugar overload because it's so unique XD! haha. im suchh a lip gloss addict, i can't help it!

i am still eyeing gift wrap as well.. hrm..

thanks for stopping by my blog earlier :)

aspiringminimalist said...

I don't think so, I saw the huge glitters and it turned me right off. I'll feel like a disco ball! :P

I prefer a bit of shine and colour, and not too sticky. Thanks for sharing!

resham said...

Thanks for the swatches...but these are not something I wud love..so Pass....:)

Nic Nic said...

wow they are SO glittery.. not really my thing but thank you for the swatches! I know now what to avoid ;)

Jenny said...

wow what were they thinking with the large glitter flakes?! i also saw this on pursebuzz.com and she also didn't like the large flakes!

Popcorn said...

Pretty swatches~ I don't think I will picking up any too... I went to the Mac counter and looked at them and yeah the glitters are too big for my liking too. hehehe

The Beautifier said...

The colors are nice and wearable but the chunky glitter flakes seems to be spoiling the beauty of these :(

Abby Q. said...

Thanks for the swatches! I think I might cave and get Fab Frenzy when I order my To the Beach stuff. Gift Wrap and Totally Bang also look fun, but I am so dazzleglass-ed out. :)

Tiptoe21 said...

Thanks for the swatches. I don't mind glitter glosses, but I've found that MAC glosses leave a weird ring around my mouth (not very pretty). The colors look really pretty though.

Serena said...

Awesome swatches! I agree with you. I think these are a bit too glittery. I'm not much of a glitter person either but I like the colors Superflash! and Gift Wrap. They are so pretty.

Serena said...

OH! And I forgot to mention that I don't think the NAKED box is available at LUSH anymore. The promotion was supposed to end the week before I went but they still had some boxes still and were just trying to sell them off.


<3 Serena.

Sarah said...

These are definitely not for me!
When I wear gloss, I want it to be creamy and even.
The quality of the swatches is amazing, though. :)

naturalnchicmakeup said...

Serena - boo ok. I'll watch out for these next time.

Sarah - thanks for such a nice compliment.

Nepenthe said...

I picked up three of these, and I am definitely pleasantly surprised. The glitter is bigger than what I'm used to, but it actually looks very pretty on the lips. Topped over a lipstick, I didn't notice any gritty feeling either.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!