Image courtesy of MAC
UPDATE: For those of you who are interested in seeing this collection in person, check with your local Nordstrom counters. My dear husband was kind enough to drive me to Nordies in the pouring rain so I can get the swatches up to share with you ladies. With that being said, if you are absolutely certain you want Marine Life, call your counters ASAP to reserve one. Several MAs have told me it will most likely be sold out by the time the collection officially hits on 5/27.
- Sand & Sun is a Light Peach color that swatches rather well for a Matte formula.
- Firecracker is a reddish Orange color in the Veluxe Pearl formula. I thought of Hot Hot Hot when I saw this.
- Sweet & Punchy is a bright Yellow Green in the Velux Pearl formula that looks a lot like Rated R
- Shimmermoss comes out as a teal/light blue color with some shimmer also in VP formula. This is a permanent color.
- Humid is a dark green with shimmer in the Frost formula. This is also a permanent color.
- BeachBound is a frosty pale almost clear color in the Glaze formula. In some angles, you can see a very slight hint of peach.
- Lazy Day is a light blue pink in the Lustre formula that is really sheer. It took many swipes to get the color to show up on the hand. On the lips however, it is a less lilac version of Lady Gaga and not as sheer. Probably 2 swipes will do. Sorry I need to clarify this for those interested.
- Thrills is a copper/coral with gold/bronzy pearl in the frost formula. This is a unique color.
- FunBathing looks brown in the tube but swatches as a Mauve with pearl in CremeSheen formula.
- Easy Lounger is a light pink with silver pearl. This is a pretty soft color to be paired with smokey eyes.
- Flurry of Fun is a peach with blue shimmer pearl. It is so unique because of the blue fine shimmer.
- Splashing is a Blue Pink with gold pearl that swatches almost like a creamsheen.
- Life’s a Breeze is a medium pink
- Temperature Rising is a bright orange
- Float on By is a dark green turquoise that applies very smoothly
- Rosemary & Thyme is an olive gold with shimmer and is part of the permanent collection
Here is Float on By compared with Undercurrent. They are not at all the same with Undercurrent more green with shimmer while Float on By is more turquoise blue.
- Hipness is a pink coral with with white pearl in the frost formula.
- Get-Away Bronze is a tan color in the frost formula with gold shimmer
- Marine Life is a pressed powder with the top half as a pinkish coral and the bottom half as a light pink with shimmer. In the middle is a golden overspray that doesn't last after a couple of swipes.
- In the Buff is a cream formula light olive/avocado-ish color
- Scorcher is a bright coral red also in the cream formula
- Beach Bronze is a golden color with very fine gold shimmer. This is a more pigmented version of Clarins Smooth Compact Highlighter in Bronze. I think the color is fitting for light/medium tone ladies as a bronzer.
- Weekend is a deep orange Brown with pink shimmer. This is a pretty bronzer color for darker skin tone ladies.
- Pink Rebel: is a pink with pearl that's really pretty. This reminds me of a less stark version of Benefit High Beam.
- Sun Rush is a golden bronze with gold shimmer that would be great for tanned skin. Both of these require only one small drop and are very pigmented.
- Golden is a beige color with gold shimmer. This is a darker version of Refined Golden so it actually shows up on my skin. I think this would work better than Refined Golden for darker skin tones.
- Refined Golden is a gold with soft shimmer that barely shows up on my arm. I had to swatch so many times I thought my eyes were having problems. This would be good for a light contour for light/medium skin tones. Pardon the hairy arm!
Bronze Body Oil
- A golden bronze that is very liquidy and oily. I really didn't like this at all because it didn't completely dry, is somewhat sticky, and basically spreads as an all over shimmer.
Phew!! Overall, the collection has a mixture of neutral and bright colors that are wearable. The unique products in my opinion are Thrills lipstick, Flurry of Fun lipglass, both of the cream blushes b/c they're pigmented and smooth on application, and the luster drops if you want soft shimmer liquid highlighters. I know lots of people are eyeing the Marine Life Highlighter so I've done comparisons between that and Hipness to show you how you don't have to pick up both.
Right out of the pan, Hipness is less coral than the mixture of Marine Life
To recreate the same color as Hipness, just layer on more of the light pink bottom color from Marine Life and you pretty much get a dupe. The color below is much lighter because they were taken in sunlight as opposed to indoors in the swatches above.
What's your favorite so far based on the swatches? Anything tickle your fancy?