Home..Are you There?

Friday, June 11, 2010

Just a quick update... still alive and kicking but I've already left Hong Kong and entered China for the last couple of days.  I'm really looking forward to going home as I've been working 10 hr days everyday on 3-4 hrs of sleep a night. 

For those traveling to China, I highly recommend bringing your own water.  I don't mean Perrier but Crystal Geyser, Aquafina, Arrowhead..whatever brand of water you fancy.  I've gotten pretty sick here in the last couple of days with stomach flu.  Please be careful of what you eat and where you eat!  Hong Kong is pretty safe overall with really great food. I can't say the same for here.  The air quality is so bad that my skin is breaking out severely.  Luckily I packed the Peter Thomas Roth Acne Kit along on the trip. It's somewhat helping keep the constant breakout at bay but still can't handle the damage being done. I'm also glad I brought along EOS lip balm to keep my dry cracking lips moisturized. 

In other makeup news, I've succumbed to a couple more Jill Stuart products. I'm very impressed with the quality of the product so I went back to pick up an eye jelly, loose powder, and the smooth silk powder refill.  There are several products I can't wait to come home and review for you.  Hopefully I'll get to go home soon!

19 comments:

Leenda said...

Aww sounds like you are working hard! Sorry to hear that you are sick with the stomach flu. Hope you are ok and that you are pulling through!

Edwina said...

Hope you're feeling better! Sometimes traveling can be a pain in the butt cause you're so not used to their environment :(

coffretgorge said...

omg your skin broke out too? seems like everyone i know who went to HK had skin problems. HK air is so polluted and dry it broke me out and dried up my usually normal skin :(

but im glad you are home! i cannot wait to see your JS reviews! have a safe trip! xx :)

MUA said...

Get better very soon ...waiting for your reviews , they are always so detailed !

Caro sending you healing waves xxx

resham said...

Ahh,...Stomach flu hurts and not to mention the hours you are working!! Feel better soon and we await your blog post...:)

Stay Good

Tiptoe21 said...

I hope you're feeling better! Stomach flu isn't much fun :(. And thank goodness for Peter Thomas Roth. That has saved me so many times.

Have fun, and I hope you get more rest!

..R May A.. said...

Try not too work yourself too hard- you don't want to make yourelf ill!
Peter Thomas Roth = life saver :)

naturalnchicmakeup said...

Thanks for all your sweet comments and well wishes ladies.

Tammy said...

Wow I'm so jealous of you that you're in HK/China. I love it sooo much for all the cosmetics there LOL JS has me wanting more too! XD

The funny thing is that my skin actually cleared up while I was in Asia despite the pollution. It's when I got back to Canada that my skin is going berserk :(

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Aw, you poor thing. I hope you get better. Stomach flus are not one to mess with. It's a lot to do with the water too :/ Good luck w/your skin! I really hope everything will be okay for you. I'm sure you can buy Arrowhead and everything there.

LittoMokaa said...

Hi NaturalNchicmakeup! Hope you're having fun in China/HK! I just wanted to let you know that you've won my giveaway! Get well soon! =]

Tammy said...

So true, I wish it was more pigmented but it's nice because I don't have to worry about using such a heavy hand. But I do have to say my camera and Blogger upload does wash out the colour a lot so it's much more pigmented in person. I have to admit though, the packaging gets me every time! XD

Candy said...

I hope your feeling better soon. Can't wait for the review.

rainbow st@r! hello kitty p@nts said...

Are you headed home yet? I'm sorry you got sick! Hauling some makeup will make you feel better ;)

Klaudea said...

Oh man, I've heard so many food related horror stories abt visiting China. So sorry you had to get the stomach flu! My dad's doctor says it's because we are "too clean" over here in N. America so we aren't used to Asian food... I dunno if it's true though.

I cannot wait to see all the goodies you have collected! Please feel better soon and come home safely!

Nic Nic said...

Hope you feel better soon! I am so checking out JS stuff in HK :) I would be cautious eating in China too, even in HK too.

Tammy said...

They are quite expensive, hey? I can't help it though! XD I'm a sucker for packaging and Lunasol had me hooked when I tried out their base makeup lol

Thanks for your lovely comment on my post^^ <3

The Bimbo said...

I'm so going to follow your blog.

Anyway when I was in PRC I bathed and washed my face in mineral watter - Evian to be exact. My skin suffered from the polluted water and air when I was there.. so I know what you mean. :)

Stephanie said...

I can't wait for your Jill Stuart reviews!
I hope your skin is better now :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!