Hong Kong Update - Part Deux

Sunday, June 6, 2010

 I've only been gone for a couple of days but it feels like forever!  Luckily the weather has cleared up so no more rain and it's not too hot.  My point and shoot camera doesn't produce nice clear pictures like the DSLR so pardon the crappy photos.  Couple of updates on the current excursions...

I found My Beauty Diary Masks! Went a little bit overboard and bought way too many.  I got 1 box of Black Pearl, 1 box of Rice Peptide, and the Asia Treasure Hunt Set (10 pieces of natto mask, 10 pieces of Japanese cherry blossom mask, 10 pieces of sake yeast mask, 2 pieces of platinum hydra mask and 5 ml of extremely hydrating essence).  I also bought Silk Whitia HANFANG Whitening Revitalizing Mask and HANFANG Anti-Oxidizing Mask. These are supposedly the new whitening masks from Silk Whitia. The boxes for the Asia Treasure Hunt set is so cute but I had to throw it away b/c it was too darn heavy.

Mask galore!
























Stopped by Paul & Joe Beaute and got the whitening serum everyone's been raving about.  I'll try this out and see if it works well but it is a pricey product.   The salesman was very helpful and friendly in showing me around.  Overall Paul & Joe products all have very beautiful packaging that are sturdy and not made of cheap plastic. The eyeshadow and eyeglosses are pretty and shimmery.  The lip pencils glide on effortlessly and the lipglosses are nice versatile colors. If you like soft shimmery eyeshadows and lipglosses with great packaging, this is the brand to go to.
































I also stopped by to check out Jill Stuart at the Langham Place Mall. The packaging is very nice but it is made of plastic and not as sturdy or heavy as Paul & Joe.  I have a love/hate relationship with this brand.  I hate the ridiculously high price and how they made me buy the packaging in order to get a powder foundation. I hate even more the fact that the Silk Smooth Powder Foundation N is so nice.  I'm usually weary of powder foundations because they go on dry and cakey.  This powder provides incredible coverage and is finely milled with light shimmer.  You cannot see the shimmer at all but it gives the face a really gorgeous satin/matte finish.  I dare say this might be my HG powder foundation and I'm seriously considering a back up (the powder refill only) and I NEVER buy foundation backups.

Here are the foundation and compact.  You have to buy compact the first time. Afterwards, you can buy refills of the foundation.

















The compact with a cute bow string attached at the top.



































The top drawer holds a sponge so it doesn't sit on top of the powder and is more hygienic.



































The bottom drawer is where you insert the powder refill which sticks to the bottom when you peel off the sticker. This compact also comes with a mirror on the bottom drawer for ease of application. I bought the powder in 103 "Natural" color so it blends flawlessly with my NC30-NC25 skin.


Last but not least, I actually hunted down the MAC BB Cream and found it at the DFS Galleria on Canton Road. It is a DFS exclusive product and retails for $30.71 USD. I was so excited to see this and tried it on my hand immediately.  In the end, I could not justify spending the money to buy it home to review for you.  This is not like other Asian brand BB Cream since it's not as thick and there is little to no coverage.  The texture is much thinner than other BB Creams, it has a pink undertone, and has a chemical smell that's unbearable to me.  Come to think of it, the smell is probably the same as other BB Creams which I strongly dislike. If you are not sensitive to fragrance, this shouldn't be an issue.  

When I commented to the MA how little coverage this provides, she mentioned this is used as a base for foundation.  I would say this is more like a sheer tinted moisturizer so don't expect medium/full coverage.  Given the price, I'd rather spend another $20 bucks to buy Jill Stuart and get great coverage without the overbearing fragrance.

19 comments:

liloo said...

Yeah pretty haul ;)
xoxo

Angelique said...

Great buys!! I really want to go to Hong Kong & shop now! How much are the MBD masks selling for per box over there? I'm thinking if I should get my friend to grab some for me.

Dina (XYYan) said...

Great haul! I bought way too much MBD masks than you when I was in Taiwan, I actually bought 12 boxes of masks :D. The Jill Stuart packaging is really to die for :)

Stephanie said...

Nice buys! I wish I could go there! Tell us what you think of that masks :)

MUA said...

The compact is so darn beautiful! I want the PRECIOUS...

Caro-Smeaglod/Gollum xxxx

Miss♥Nikka said...

Wow Im jealous! lol Great haul girl! Ive been wanting to try my beauty diary mask.

naturalnchicmakeup said...

Angelique - The regular 10 piece boxes are sold for 49HKG..which is a little less than 10USD. The best deal is the Asia Treasure Hunt set which is 155HKG for 32 pieces. I bought all of these at Sasa.

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Yay! Lots of masks :D You will be hydrated for the entire summer :) I have the white pearl and black pearl one :)

Didn't know that you had to buy the Jill Stuart compact in order to get the foundation! =/ That is pretty crazy! But I can tell you love it because you rebought it :D I've heard nothing but great quality with their products. The only complaint is the high prices.

Tiptoe21 said...

OMG I'm so jealous! You must be having such a good time. I've tried silk whitia masks and they work pretty well too!

naturalnchicmakeup said...

Rainy Days and Lattes - I know! The price is outrageous. I actually only bough the refill the 2nd time around. I don' think I can afford 2 compacts. I'd be broke!

Jenny said...

i've been seeing jill stuart products on a lot of blogs! their packaging is so pretty!

thats too bad the MAC BB creme didn't work out, maybe thats the reason why its not available on mainstream MAC stores yet?

MissA* said...

I wish I could get my hands on the MBD masks! Have you checked out Faces at the Harbour City Mall? I'd go broke there!

dblchin said...

yes u should store loads n loads of mask! coz is think is rather hard to get these mask in ur area!

I'm always a wee bit lazy to do mask! But i'll buck up! haha

PinkOrchids said...

Wish i was in HK =( The Jill Stuart packaging looks sooo adorable!! And the P&J packaging looks really cute too!! I would so keep that bottle after it's finished just to decorate my room ^.^

Dina (XYYan) said...

Thanks :D

AnNeTtEe said...

great HK beauty haul!!! if I go there I would stock up on the beauty diary mask thingies too!! I'm really curious about those stuff now... do they work really good??

Serena said...

I don't think you went over board at all. I probably would have bought the same amount if not possibly more. {*LOL} I think I would've got a Jill Stuart Quad and one of the blushes as well. Everything is so cute from Jill Stuart.

{*AHHH!} I want to go back to Hong Kong. I doubt I'll be able to go back any time soon. {*sigh}
Hope you have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to see what else you get while in Asia.


<3s Serena.

coffretgorge said...

i went to jill stuart too! surprisingly, i didnt get anything, i wanted the foundation compact but when i saw the actual product, it didnt really make an impact on me. so i went on empty handed *sigh*

i hope the paul and joe w.serum works out great for you! :D

Dizzy said...

Great Haul! I'm lovin the whitening serum by Paul & Joe and the Jill Stuart Powder Foundation’s packaging!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!