MAC Venomous Villains Collection Swatches and Review: Maleficient

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Maleficent 



Lipstick
   Violetta
is a violet purple color in Amplified formula.  It is surely a bold color that's actually very pretty.  I can see it being flattering on all skin tones, especially dark to medium.  If you're afraid of the brightness, you can either sheer it out or apply Revenge is Sweet on top.
   Dark Deed
is a burgundy plum shade in Amplified formula.  I like this so much better compared to Cunning/Kittenish in Fabulous Felines.  This color is nicely pigmented and is a rich burgundy.

Lipglass
   Revenge is sweet
is a pinkish purple in a jelly-like formula.  This is the most unique lipglass out of the entire collection.  I think this can definitely be worn alone for those with pigmented lips.  You can also layer it on top of other pink/purple/violet lipsticks.
   Wrong spell
is a deep plum with pink/purple pearl.  It would be much darker on light to medium skin tones compared to darker skin tones.  I feel like I've seen this color released in prior collections but can't think of the names.




 Mineralize Eyeshadow
   My Dark Magic
is a deep pink with pink pearl/ Deep plum with purple pearl.  I actually was pleasantly surprised with both MSE with wet application.  The deep plum color is gorgeous! Both sides are nicely pigmented.
   She who Dares
is a deep navy with blue pearl/ Deep forest green with lime pearl.  I can see this being sold out pretty quickly because of the forest green MES side.  Again, nicely pigmented when applied wet.





Beauty Powder
   Briar Rose
is a cool tone, violet pink with pearl. This color is buildable so warm skin tones can use a stippling blush to apply and achieve a soft pink flush.  See swatches above.

 


Nail Lacquer (I didn't get to swatch these but will update when the collection launches on the 30th.)
   Bad Fairy- Red with multi-color pigments
   Formidable!- Teal green with pink pigment
  
Mean & Green- Purple with teal pigment

Overall, Malificent is definitely the collection for bold, dark color lovers.  My favorite products from this set are Briar Rose Beauty Powder, both MES since they're so pigmented when applied wet, and Revenge is Sweet lipglass.  I think this is suitable for all skin tones but pale ladies may want to sheer most of the products, unless you're going for the dark, bold looks.

10 comments:

Nikkia (Silver Lips) said...

Great swatches! You are not helping me here lol I had a very small must have list now its growing :-)

WillWorkForMakeup said...

I really like Wrong Spell, actually, but I'm not sure I would get much use out of it. Revenge is Sweet looks really pretty too...very shiny and jelly-like :)

discoremixx -♥ said...

As always, I love your swatches! I'm definitely going to jump at both the MES.. that's if it doesn't sell out!

Ansa said...

I really want all of this. Can't wait until next Thursday. So exciting. xx

Dina (XYYan) said...

Thanks for the swatches! Love the Briar Rose :)

resham said...

Violetta is cool....

pinkribbons said...

I want Briar Rose. It looks so pretty in the pan.

LolaAM said...

I definitely want Violetta and both MES. Wrong Spell might get added once I swatch in person. Thursday can't come quick enough!

Dizzy said...

Dark Deed kinda reminds me of blue brown pigment.

Confessions of a Beautyholic said...

The mineralized shadows look amazing!!
I'll check if there's any in the airport at discounted prices...!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!