Exclusive look at Burberry Beauty Spring/Summer 2011 Collection: Swatches and Review

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Burberry's upcoming Spring/Summer 2011 Collection will be released on March 16th.  The new collection includes 3 new blushes and 3 additional lipstick shades. 


Burberry Cosmetics are only exclusively available at 8 Nordstrom counters in the US. If you have questions or would like to place a pre-order for this collection, please contact Susie or Kristy at (415) 243-8500 ext 1421. They are both super nice and will help you with your questions/purchases/CP.  If you do call, please let them know Kristie from naturalNchicmakeup gave you the referral. This is simply my way of thanking these ladies for allowing me to take photos/swatches of the products to share with you. 

 

You can also order online from Nordstrom. For international ladies, Burberry is available at selected Harrods (UK) and Lane Crawford (Hong Kong) stores.


 When I think of spring/summer, I usually think of bright and vibrant colors.  Burberry's collection is the complete opposite with 6 soft, flattering neutral shades. The neutral lover in me was without a doubt  ecstatic when I saw the products in person.   




First up are the blushes with shades No. 6, 7, and 8.  Each retail for $42USD that comes in a gunmetal square compact.  The Burberry plaid design is printed on the blush and the case.  Each of the compact also contains a mirror and mini brush for ease of application.  Below are photos of the individual blushes taken with store lighting.

No. 6 in the pan is a muted coral peach with no shimmer.  The texture of all 3 blushes are slightly powdery with a satin to matte finish.




No. 7 in the pan is a light brown with no shimmer. 


No. 8 in the pan is a light cool pink with no shimmer. 


In outdoor lighting, you can see the colors are soft and light.  Number 6 is a soft, muted peach color that's best as a blush on light/light-medium skin tone.  Number 7 would be ideal to use as a contour also for light/light-medium skin tone.  Number 8 leans more cool and is very soft, which is fitting for lighter skin tones.  I'm not sure if any of these would show up for medium-dark/dark skin tones.  I suspect #6 may show up on my NC25-30 skin tone if I build up the color.  #8 reminds me of MAC's Briar Rose Beauty Powder.




Next up are my favorite items from the new collection - the 3 new lipstick shades in No. 22, 23, and 24.  The lipsticks all retail for $30USD.  They also come in a gunmetal square package with the Burberry plaid design printed on the actual lipsticks.  I love the unique magnetic cap design on these beauties.


These are all captured with mall lighting.


Here's another shot:




No 22 is a warm medium pink with no shimmer.  This shade created the perfect nude lip when I tried it in the store.  It didn't make me look like a dead corpse but rather this very natural soft nude pink lip without leaning too warm or cool. Love it!
No 23 is a mauve pink with no shimmer and is darker compared to #22.  On me, this is a light mauve that lightened up my face.
No 24 is a salmon color with no shimmer. This one was a total surprise since I haven't seen too many salmon colored lipsticks.  It gave a perfect peachy lip that's super natural.


Taken outdoor:

Taken with flash:


Here are all the swatches in several different lighting outside:


Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the shades in this collection.  They are all very natural and subtle for an everyday look.   I think they will be very flattering especially on light to light-medium skin tones. 

The texture of the lipsticks are so soft and creamy that it feels like butter on the lips.  I didn't detect a strong fragrance with these shades either. I will say that if you have dry lips, do apply a lip balm underneath or these may accentuate the flakes.

Overall, I highly recommend checking out Burberry's Spring/Summer 2011 Collection, especially for those who love natural/subtle looks.  I fell in love with all 3 lipstick shades from the color to the feel and texture.  The shades are all very soft and flattering. 


My top picks: Lipsticks in shades #23 and #24
If you are on a budget: I recommend picking up at least one of the lipsticks.   For a light bronzer/contour color that's not too brown or orange, blush #7 is ideal.


If you are interested in this collection, please give Suzie or Kristy a call as they are currently taking pre-orders.  The items will be officially released on 3/16.


What are your thoughts on this collection? Top picks? 

17 comments:

Sabrina said...

Awesome that they let you photo/swatch these from the counter. Thank you for sharing these with us. They are just as Kristy described to me over the phone.

Thanks for all the different views with different lighting. Super helpful!

sugar sugar said...

sooo pretty! i wish these were available in my country. =)

Delyteful Speaks said...

Reallly really reaaally amazing swatches! Thank you for putting the time to take them!

The collection looks nice but very muted.. I was hoping they'd come up with brighter colours..

Btw awesome blog.. I'm following ;)

Jennifer said...

love the lippies! they cost a bomb in my country ;)

The Beauty Bite said...

These are all so, so pretty! Thank you so much for the amazing swatches. I'm definitely going to pick up a nifty little selection...

x

pinkribbons said...

Mmm.. this collection doesn't grab me at all :(

Rinz said...

they are darn expensive but i am not loving the pinkish. I love the somewhat nude color though! #7

Nomadic D. said...

Beautiful! I think I could love that nude blush. Maybe it's a good thing they don't sell the stuff where I live!

The Ultimate Makeup said...

Great pics and swatches! My Burberry counter has had this collection on sale for about 3 weeks now, I wonder if it was a mistake on their part. The collection itself was just ok to me. I am really waiting on the new Burberry Lip Sheers (I think that's what they are called)

Dovey said...

The collection looks so beautiful together--- I love light tones. I think my favorite would be blush #8 --- I haven't bought any burberry yet, although I do pass by their counter all the time!

Diane said...

Can't wait for Nordstroms triple point day, I'm going to pick up some of these items. I want #23 and #24 and also the blushes in 6 & 7. Thanks for all the swatches!

cewek said...

Lovely! I do wish Australian department stores would pick up their game and stock Burberry Beauty already!

Would you lovely SAs be willing to ship internationally?

Dizzy said...

No 24 is so pretty!

Makeup Magpie said...

Soo pretty! Thanks for the helpful photos & swatches. I so wish my local Nordstrom would carry this line! But until then I rely on my favorite beauty bloggers :)

Kristie said...

Sabrina - Glad I was of help with the swatches. Hope you enjoy the new goodies ;)

sugar sugar - I too wish Burberry add more counters in the US as well!

Delyteful Speaks - Thank you for your kind comments. The colors are definitely not bright but very suitable for everyday looks.

Jennifer - aww but they're totally worth it! :)

The Beauty Bite - yay. Can't wait to see what you pick up.

pinkribbons - The colors are muted looking but very pretty once applied on the lips/cheeks.

Rinz - I knew you were going to say that! :)

Nomadic D. - aww I hope they do so you can check them out in person!

The Ultimate Makeup - Oh yes, the lip sheers will be launched in May. I hope to get swatches of those when they do.

Dovey - Do check them out. The colors may look boring in the pan but they're lovely once applied for a subtle look.

Diane - I know - 3X, the best time to pick up the collection. Can't wait to see what you end up with!

cewek - You can order online from Nordstrom as they do ship internationally.

Dizzy - I love #24! Will you be picking it up?

Makeup Magpie - you're welcome. I know it's tough the brand is not offered everywhere but you can call up the SAs to order or if you have any questions.

Christine said...

Thank you so much for these swatches! Because of your efforts, I was able pick up #22 lipstick(it really does feel like butter!!!) and #6 blush...and quite a few other things when I dropped by Facess at Lane Crawford on a holiday trip there last week!!!! I spent over 2 hours at the counter but left fully satisfied!

Will you be swatching the new Lip Mist line anytime soon?=)

Anonymous said...

Do you know which shade of lip mist the model is wearing in the ad?

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!