Chanel Morning Rose Le Vernis Swatches and Review

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

There are 3 new Le Vernis Nail Colour released in Chanel's Summer 2011 Collection.  I first saw Morning Rose on Ilse's tweet and blog at theultimatemakeup.  If you have a chance, please check out her blog and youtube channel.  At first, I was really hesitant to purchase any of the nail colors from Chanel because the price did increase to $25USD and Morning Rose seemed like a dupable pink. However, I slowly changed my mind from seeing more swatches online.


Although I included a picture of Mimosa in the image, it quickly went back to the counter.  Mimosa was quite fussy and went on rather streaky even after 3 coats.  I know a lot of ladies out there can rock yellow n/p but it looked terrible on me.  I was so excited to give myself a pedicure with Mimosa but it ended up looking like I had a bad case of diseased toes! 

Morning Rose on the other hand, went on easily and was opaque after 2 coats.  I had no issues applying this on my nails.  The gold glitter can clearly be seen in the bottle but are much more subtle on the nails.


A shot indoors:



The overall color is a medium pink with gold glitter.  It reminds me of a glossy, jelly like version of Essie's nail polishes.  I can't tell you enough how much I fell in love with this color.  I originally thought the pink was too dark from swatches online but in direct sunlight, the color is just right.  I dug through my stash of nail polishes but couldn't find a dupe to Morning Rose.


Last shot by the window where you can see the gold shimmer glistening in the sunlight. I can't imagine this shade looking bad on any skin tone.  If you're looking for a flattering pink that's not too light or bold, I recommend checking out Morning Rose.  This shade is great for the office environment, weddings, or a nice stroll by the beach in the scorching sun. 



What do you think of Morning Rose? Any dupe recommendations?

23 comments:

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said...

It's a very pretty pink! I would definitely be way into it if I liked pink more. :) I wish Beige Petale was more opaque, as that's the one I like best from the collection (but I read enough about it to know it's super sheer and not worth the $$$!).

coffretgorge said...

it looks really sweet and shimmery! but i think i'll go for mimosa ;)

Eileen said...

soo pretty, it looks really good on you! i'd totally cop if these werent so pricey

Dovey said...

I wish you hadn't written "glossy jelly version of Essie" (jk!) That kind of description coupled with your beautiful pictures make this polish so hard to resist! The gold glimmer adds such a nice touch to the candy pink =)

The Girlie Blog said...

"Morning Rose" is super pretty.

www.thegirlieblog.com

luv2smilexo said...

gorgeous and nope, no dupe reccs :)

the Honey B said...

LOVE this pink color! Perefect classy pink for summer time!

sugar sugar said...

i love both colors! so perfect for spring and summer. :)

Stephanie said...

I think it looks just like Cassi by Zoya! Only cassi has more shimmers. It's beautiful!

Nat said...

It's a shame Mimosa didn't work for you, Morning Rose looks really pretty though!

Rinz said...

whoa expensive!! love the Morning Rose though :) so soft and pretty!

Blusherine said...

*lol* diseased toes, that's funny! :-))

Rei said...

Morning Rose looks so beautiful against your skintone. I have read so many bad reviews about Mimosa..but I am still going to buy it once it is available in Australia :-P It's such a unique shade!

PerilouslyPale said...

I am so in love with Morning Rose too!! It seemed like such a simple color but there is something about the bit of Jelly finish to it that makes it so delicate and pretty!

Jenny said...

SO PRETTY!! There's been so many blogposts on these babies! and I didn't notice the gold glitters! (obviously because your pictures are much better! haha) i want it i want it! looks there might even be a chanel lip gloss that would match this! lol!

Kristie said...

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) - I know what you mean. Beige Petale was much more sheer than I expected. I hope they come out with a more opaque nude in the future.

coffretgorge - let me know how you like Mimosa!

Eileen - thanks. I know the price is high but I had to fold on this color :)

Dovey - it really is a lovely shade. Pick one up! ;)

The Girlie Blog - yes it sure is!

luv2smilexo - no dupes makes me feel better about picking this up. hahha.

the Honey B - are you going to pick it up? Yes, enabling you!

sugar sugar - definitely great for spring and summer.

Stephanie - ooo I must check that shade out. Thanks for the recommendation.

Nat - I know. I really wanted Mimosa to work too.

Rinz - it is very pretty indeed.

Blusherine - yep, that's literally how they look sadly.

Rei - I hope Mimosa works better for you. It was a pain to work with.

PerilouslyPale - I agree! This is such a surprisingly gorgeous color.

Jenny - haha aww thank you. Ooh that is such a great idea! I would definitely purchase a glossimer or lipstick similar to Morning Rose.

Keirasluckycharm said...

I have Morning Rose and i love it!

Anonymous said...

very pretty but too similar to Mistral 517. I don't think they really used their imagination there. still..... I love Chanel.
Rachel

LolaAM said...

Pretty!!! That price is ugly though. Lol

Zuzu's Petals said...

Gorgeous pictures, Kristie. Morning Rose, indeed, is similar to Mistral, but where Mistral is more blue-pink and contains a duochrome iridescence (purple and gold), Morning Rose is warmed by a touch of coral and gold shimmer. I think they are different enough to warrant owning both. Mistral seems more spring-like to me, because of its icy coolness, and Morning Rose says "summer," with its corally-golden warmth. I love ALL my Chanel pinks! I don't even mind the price because I can get excellent coverage with one thick coat.

Bury Me In Velvet said...

morning rose is sooooo beautiful!

Hopelessly Devoted To Makeup said...

Oh my I am torturing myself with swatches of "Morning Rose", I went with "Mimosa" and wish I had gone with MR instead.

Audrey said...

Revlon 305 Electric is almost an EXACT dupe for Chanel Mimosa. Still fussy, but way cheaper. I found mine at Target. Just make sure to use a base coat and top coat! I tried it on by itself and it was a disaster.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!