Burberry Lip Mist Natural Sheer Lipstick Swatches and Review

Monday, June 20, 2011

Burberry Lip Mist Natural Sheer Lipsticks were launched back in May at several exclusive Nordstrom counters.  There are a total of 9 shades available with each retailing for $30USD. You can also purchase these on Nordstrom's website. I was looking forward to trying out the formula but had to wait until Nordstrom's Trend Show to get my hands on these beauties.


Similar to the regular lipsticks, the lip mists all come in a gunmetal square tube and a magnetic cap. Although I like the unique packaging of the products, it does prove to be a burden when the lipsticks are placed next to each other.  The magnetic caps and bases tend to stick together quite often. Burberry's famous checkered patterns are also imprinted on each of the lipsticks.


Image taken with flash.

Copper (202)  is a pretty rosy brown.  It goes on as a nice and glossy my-lip-but-better shade for me.
Brown Sugar (203) is a nice terracotta brick shade.  It is not too brown or red.
Camelia Pink (207) is a cool tone fuchsia.
Stormy Pink (208) is a rosy pink that's surprisingly more creamy compared to the other shades. It reminds me of Dior's new lipstick formula release.
Feather Pink (209) is the lightest pink out of the three. It is a baby pink that's quite nice on my skin tone.


Here are the colors in the tube taken by natural sunlight.  These lipsticks are slightly sticky, but not so much that it's bothersome.  I would say the tackiness factor is similar to Chanel's Extrait de Gloss formula.  I couldn't really detect a strong fragrance either.


As you can see in the swatch, all of the lip mists are pigmented and they provide a nice glossy effect.  They are much more forgiving on dry patches compared to the original lipsticks, which have a cream formula. I love how natural and glossy these look on the lips.  The wear time is also better compared to Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine.



Overall, I enjoy the new lip mist natural sheer lipsticks from Burberry.  However, I wouldn't classify these lipsticks as "sheer" because they are nicely pigmented. The shades are build-able for those looking for a brighter or richer effect. I think of these as a glossier version of Dior's new Addict lipsticks or a tackier version of Laura Mercier's Gel Lip Colours.  I personally like these more compared to the original formula because they are much easier to use on drier lips.  I don't have to exfoliate or prep my lips before applying these like I do with the regular formula.  My favorite shades are Copper, Brown Sugar, and Feather Pink.

Bottom Line: I recommend checking out Burberry's new lip mist lipsticks at a local counter if possible.  These have good pigmentation and provide a lovely glossy effect. If you don't like slightly sticky or tacky lipsticks, these might not be as appealing for you.  For those on a budget, you can get a similar glossy effect with Laura Mercier's Gel Lip Colours, which has a smaller range of color selection at $22USD a piece.

Have you tried out Burberry Lip Mist Lipsticks yet? What is your favorite sheer lipstick?

17 comments:

PerilouslyPale said...

All the posts I've seen of these are so beautiful! Your pictures are fantastic as usual!! If I had online access to these I'm sure they would be in my purse right now!

Kristie said...

thank you! Can you order these from Nordstrom online? These are available on the website. I hope they expand the line to more counters soon.

Makeup Magpie said...

Spectacular photos! These look very nice and I'm glad they're not too sheer. I really like the way Copper looks in your swatch--it looks like it would be a nice, natural everyday color :)

productdoctor said...

I love Copper and Feather Pink! These look so pigmented for a "sheer" lipstick. Perfect!

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

I love the look of copper (which is kind of weird for me as I usually love bright bold colours). You always have the best pictures...so clear and nice. Any secrets?
xx
Alicia

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said...

Oh wow... gorgeous shots and swatches. Brown Sugar is definitely calling my name. Damn!

Kristie said...

Makeup Magpie - I think copper will look lovely on you. It is a very nice every day color.

productdoctor - definitely! They are not sheer at all. Let me know which ones you pick up.

FunnyFaceBeauty - thanks Alicia. No secrets, just having natural light is the magic recipe.

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) - Brown Sugar is very pretty! Are you planning to pick it up?

67L30WGN said...

Hi Kristie, I picked up both Copper and Feather Pink. I had thought that Brown Sugar would be a definite buy for me, as I tend towards the neutral/browns, but for some reason it really didn't look so great on me. I completely agree with your observation that these are more pigmented than the Rouge Coco Shines (and last longer as a result). Love, love, Copper - the color is just so beautiful, warm and naturally enhancing my natural lip color. Feather Pink was for my daughter, and she loves it too! Did you get the great GWP during the beauty event?

Kristie said...

67L30WGN - yes I did! I had to wait for the Trend Show to get these lip mists but it was worthwhile for the awesome GWP. Glad to hear you're loving Copper and Feather Pink works out for your daughter. I'm sure they look great on both of you.

Nat said...

I agree with everyone else, your photos always look beautiful. I haven't tried anything from the Burberry line yet, the lipsticks look and sound lovely though!

Zuzu's Petals said...

Gorgeous swatches! My face needs at least medium contrast, so Stormy Pink and Brown Sugar are the ones that call to me, but I'd need to try them on first. SP could end up being too blue and BS to brown. Fantastic pictures--they'll help online shoppers pull the trigger or avoid a mistake. Thanks!

the Honey B said...

i really love the color of Copper. Do you know how this swatches in comparison to NARS Dolce Vita lipstick? I may need to pick one of these up! Thanks for the swatches!

polarbelle said...

beautiful!! i love them all.

Replica said...

I'd been searching for ages for good pictures/swatches of these, finally gave up and ordered feather pink yesterday as I thought it sounded very wearable. Now that I have seen your post I think I should have ordered some more, if only I had waited a day! Your pictures and descriptions/reviews are so helpful :)

resham said...

203 for me....nice colors. thank you for the swatches.

Kristie said...

the Honey B - No, none of these colors are similar to Dolce Vita. NARS lipsticks are more satin finish whereas these are stickier and glossier. HTH!

Delyteful Speaks said...

Stormy Pink 208 looks amazing! It does look very creamy.. The only Burberry item I own is their Blusn in Russet and i just adore it!

Great photos btw.. Love the swatches.. thank you for that

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!