What Inspires You? Fotolia

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Spring is one of my favorite seasons because it's always busy with weddings and graduations.  It is also the best time to enjoy beautiful blooming flowers. I remember when I was planning for my wedding, I searched high and low for bouquet and table setting ideas.  I wanted something that was elegant but had to include shades of pink, green, red, and white. I drew my inspirations from websites with stock photos, wedding photographers, and wedding forums. 


I found collages incredibly helpful in order to see how different colors blend together.  Although it wasn't an easy task, I did manage to achieve my vision at the end.  Here is one of the table arrangements at our wedding.  The overall theme was pink and red with white and green accents.


For my bouquet, I had to have peonies and orchids.  I also wanted it to be colorful with a touch of bright fuchsia and orange.  The florist executed the vision to my heart's content.


Whether I'm searching for wedding, birthday, or website revamp ideas, I always find it useful to look at stock photos. I like these because they are high quality images that I can purchase without worrying about royalties.  The images are also large enough to print out for collages or manipulate in Photoshop.

Fotolia is one of the websites I have been visiting frequently to obtain images and vectors for inspiration. The site is kind to offer a free trial to all naturalNchicmakeup readers.  There are no catch, fees, or requirements to enter in a credit card. You can download 3 images per day to your liking for 2 weeks.  I hope everyone can take advantage of this special offer, especially for those who are working on revamping your blog or planning for a wedding.

Where do you draw your inspiration?  If you are interested in the free trial, please leave me a comment and I'll send you the special code.

12 comments:

Zuzu's Petals said...

Thank you! What gorgeous flower arrangements. You must have been married in June or had your peonies imported. Peonies, ranunculus, and hydranga blooms are my absolute favorite (with the added bonus of the peony's fragrance). They just look so happy, don't you think?

I draw my inspiration from New England architecture and from gardening books and magazines. And also from my own gardens. Unfortunately I don't have full sun anywhere in my yard, so peonies are pretty much out, but I've spend the last 4 years in a planting frenzy, and it has really paid off, especially the English cottage-style garden that I grew from seed.

Oh! I also get huge amounts of inspiration from the birds that visit my feeder. They are so beautiful. The soft grey of a catbird, the vibrant cap of a red-bellied woodpecker, the surprising shock of crimson and yellow in a male red-winged blackbird, and I'd love a dress made in the same shade as a grackle: deep satiny black with extremely subtle iridescent blue, green and purple undertones.

Zuzu's Petals said...

Sorry, I meant to ask for that code!

Kristie said...

Zuzu Petals - Wow I would love to see your dress as well. The description sounds amazing. Thank you for sharing your inspiration. I have emailed you the code and instructions for Fotolia. Enjoy!

Mrs. Julius said...

omg, i love your bouquet! so pretty! your florist did an amazing job. love love orchids.

luv2smilexo said...

those arrangements are absolutely lovely!!

coffretgorge said...

i love the colors you picked out, they do remind me of spring time, very fresh! :) thank you for sharing some of your wedding details with us! <3

Melyssa said...

Your bouquet looked soooo lovely!! I really love the colors you chose.
I'm planning to get married next July and have absolutely no idea what to do ._. I'd like a peach & white theme but don't know about flowers etc >.<
Thanks for the tip (looking at other photos) I surely will do that! :)

the Honey B said...

Peonies! i love peonies!!!! Great photo collage of your inspirations!

Makeup Magpie said...

I LOVE your table arrangements and your bouquet is amazingly pretty! Those peonies are gorgeous :) xx

Allison said...

Interesting post, never thought of looking for inspiration this way! Can you please email me the code for Fotolia?

Thank you!

Kristie said...

Allison - Can you forward me your email? It is not listed under your blogger profile.

Hopelessly Devoted To Makeup said...

Kristie, do you mind emailing me the code as well? I would so appreciate it (it's on my blog under contact me)!!! I'm obsessed with flowers and your bouquet was nothing short of spectacular! Thanks for letting us have a peak into your wedding.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!