The Land Down Under

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Greetings!


What do Hugh Jackman, Eric Bana, and Sam Worthington all have in common? They all come from a beautiful country called Australia. What? Did you think I was going to say they're all buff and hot? Yes yes, that as well!  Although I wasn't able to see any of these men in person, I did have the opportunity to spend some time in the Land Down Under. It is a truly beautiful country with amazing natural landscapes.  Australia is also diverse with a variety of different cultures, languages, and culinary offerings. Here I share with you a very small snapshot of the country's beauty.


Beautiful cherry blossom in Sydney.


Lighthouse on the Great Ocean Road


The Fashion Fund held in Melbourne.


There were lots of clothes, shoes, and accessories on sale at the fund. It was a great event for a good cause. Melbourne quickly became one of my favorite cities. Despite the strange weather, it is a city with a lot of flair and character.  Melbourne reminds me of the hustling and bustling of NYC with the eclectic charm of SF.



Sydney Harbour Bridge Climbers.


I fed these gorgeous birds while baby koalas slept on the gum tree nearby.


Loch Ard Gorge. One of my favorite places on the Great Ocean Road. It literally looks like a scene from the Pirates Of The Caribbean movie.


One of the perks of traveling internationally is having the chance to visit the DFS stores! I set out with a list of products to find, but ended up with a couple of other unexpected treasures instead.  Reviews will come shortly. Hopefully the weather improves so I can get some decent swatches to share with all of you!


Although I miss Australia, I am excited to be home and back to blogging.

Have you been to The Land Down Under? What are some of your favorite places from there?

12 comments:

The Ultimate Makeup said...

Your pictures look amazing! I'm so glad you had a great time.

Ps that Guerlain bronzer looks amazing!

Kristie said...

Thanks! I can't wait to use the Guerlain palette either.

Rola said...

Beautiful pictures! I love your duty free finds and await your reviews on everything:)

pinkribbons said...

I haven't been to the Great Ocean Road myself but seeing your photos I will definitely add a few more extra days to my Melbourne trip. Great to see you had such a lovely time here. See you in Oz again soon :)

Kristie said...

Rola - Thank you!

pinkribbons - Yay. You will love it! The Great Ocean Road is such a gorgeous scenic route.

MissA* said...

I had goose bumps when I saw your pictures. I miss Australia so much! I wish one day my husband will tell me, 'Let's move to Australia!' He knows how much I want to move back there to be closer to my family. I know that's not going to happen any sooner. I'm glad you have a great time there!

Makeup and Macaroons said...

I'm glad you had fun in Australia! It is a beautiful country with so much variety, I'm lucky to be living here. And can't wait to see reviews of that nice little duty free haul over there.

Lilit
xo

Robin said...

Amazing pictures! I'd love to visit Australia some day. How long did you spend there?

Makeup Magpie said...

Thanks for sharing the spectacular photos from your trip! What beautiful landscapes :)Looking forward to your review of the goodies you picked up over there. :)

Eden-Avalon said...

EEE! Oh i'm excited for swatches!!!

Jacqueline said...

I love visiting Australia, it is so relaxed and big! So different from Singapore. My family had a gorgeous time in Perth last year but I prefer Sdyney. I hope to go back there again some day. I love DFS shopping too, I spend more at DFS than in the country I'm visiting. Enjoy your buys!

Jen W said...

Those are some pretty amazing pictures you've taken! I'm glad you had fun in Australia, I love it to death :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!