Laura Mercier: Four Simple Steps To The Flawless Face

Friday, October 14, 2011

Ever since I purchased the Oil-Free Flawless Face Kit last year (reviewed here), I have been hooked on Laura Mercier.  In this post, I will do a comprehensive review of 4 popular, award-winning products .

Laura believes there are four steps to create a flawless face—primer, foundation, concealer, and setting powder. Each product has been specifically developed to allow every woman to achieve an incredibly even, smooth, yet natural-looking complexion.  
 

The first step is to prep my skin with the Oil Free Foundation Primer. This silicone-based product helps create a smooth canvas on the skin.  I typically use the regular primer in the fall/winter and the oil-free in the spring/summer when I tend to sweat more.  However, the oil-free version is more suitable for those with oily skin.




This product is very simple to use. I place a pea-size amount on my hands and lightly massage it onto my face.

Out of the tube:



Once blended, the gel goes on clear and leaves my face with a smooth surface without any grease or shine. 




The next step is to apply the foundation of your choice. One of my favorites is the Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer SPF20. I love the texture of the moisturizer because it's not greasy or heavy on my skin. For those looking for a natural tint of color to even out your skin tone, this is just the right product. However, do keep in mind that this will not provide medium or full coverage, especially for those who have lots of blemishes to cover. I also love the fact that this provides sun protection of SPF20. I switch between the shades Light and Bisque depending on my skin tone.  Right now, Bisque works better for my newly acquired tan from the recent seaside vacation.


The tinted moisturizer in Bisque:




You can blend it into your skin by using your hands or by using a foundation brush. 


The end result is a nice smooth, light veil of color to even the skin tone.


After applying tinted moisturizer, I use Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage to conceal discolorations, dark circles, or blemishes. 

What makes the Secret Camouflage special is that it allows me to custom blend my own shade.  Below I have SC-3, which comprises of 2 different shades.  I use the concealer brush on both colors and swipe it back and forth on the back of my hand to mix them.

 
Once I find the perfect shade, I apply it onto my skin using feather-like strokes and lightly pat with my fingers to blend. For those with dry under eyes or very dry skin, I would highly recommend using a good moisturizer prior to applying the concealer.


Last but not least, I set my makeup with the Translucent Loose Setting Powder.  This is a very finely milled powder that helps extend the wear time of my makeup. I use the setting powder for special occasions like weddings when I know I'll need my makeup to be long lasting.

 
Here is the loose powder in Translucent.



You can either use the Velour Puff that's included or a powder brush to apply the powder all over your face. Below is an unblended swatch of it next to the concealer.


Once blended, the talc-based powder goes on clear without making my face look cakey.  This also helps mattify my oily t-zones and photographs beautifully. For those who are allergic to talc like I am, be sure to use this sparingly because you don't need a lot to cover the entire face.


Overall, I really enjoy using Laura Mercier's face products because she makes it easy to achieve a flawless face in 4 simple steps.  I have purchased the regular version of the foundation primer, tinted moisturizer, concealer, and loose powder from Sephora and am glad to have the opportunity to try out the oil-free products. I recommend checking out the complete Laura Mercier product line to achieve your own flawless face.

For more information on Laura’s flawless philosophy and tips on how to use each product within each step is located here:  http://bit.ly/qEdysD

If you are telling others, they can get their perfect products to create their ultimate flawless face using our flawless face finder:  http://bit.ly/eOvLjf



Disclosure:
    
Compensation was provided by Laura Mercier via Glam Media. I received a sample to review as part of the program. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Laura Mercier.  


7 comments:

Nic Nic said...

Thanks for comment :) I used to have the same secret camouflage concealer in the same shade! I was pretty good but too drying. I loved their TM but again it's quite pricey and it oxidized. Thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

great post! i bought this same kit last december (but it had the secret concealer pot instead of just the secret camouflage--which i now own too!) and it definitely kickstarted my laura mercier obsession as well!

http://beautiesinbloom.blogspot.com

Dizzy said...

Great post! Thanks for the tips, very usefull!

Eden-Avalon said...

The products certainly seem like a comprehensive system, but i've tried them before and while they do work - they simply don't provide the coverage I need. Maybe on good skin days but definitely not for every day.

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said...

I love Laura Mercier. Never met a LM product that didn't agree with me. That setting powder is the best. I wish it came in travel-friendly form.

Nancy said...

I have combination skin and recently bought the Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer. Do i really need the translucent powder?

Kristie said...

Hi Nancy. The translucent powder is primarily to help matify the T-zones for combination skin. You don't need to use it if you like a dewy look but I do often find it looking "shiny" without a setting powder in the summer. In the winter, it isn't too bad since our skin is drier. HTH!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!