HG Series - Liquid Lipsticks: Chanel Rouge Allure Laque Swatches and Review

Monday, November 14, 2011

As a beauty blogger, I am always photographing, swatching, and oogling over the latest and greatest beauty products.  Summer, Spring, Fall, Winter, Holiday, and everything in between, there is always a new collection to capture this fleeting heart.  Once in a while, it is nice to step back and appreciate the tried and true products that have always been a staple in my drawer. In the next couple of months, I will be featuring my HG products in various categories.  First up are Chanel Rouge Allure Laques, my holy grail liquid lipsticks. These retail for $32USD and can be purchased on Chanel's website, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy's, or Neiman Marcus.


There are a total of 9 shades currently available at various counters.  I have 7 out of the 9 colors but will definitely pick up the last two very soon.  I am incredibly disappointed that Chanel is discontinuing a majority of these shades. Right now the website lists them as "limited edition" but Coromandel and Imperial, the shades that I don't have, are already gone.


The packaging for Rouge Allure Laques are different compared to the traditional Rouge Allure or Rouge Coco lipsticks. 


 

They are shorter in height and have doe-foot applicators. These also have Chanel's typical rose fragrance. You can definitely smell it if you put the applicator right in front of your nose.  However, the scent does dissipate shortly after application.


The 9 now limited edition shades are: 

Coromandel (72) is a bright coral red. I currently do not own this shade.
Imperial (73) is a berry rose that is darker than Dynastie. I currently do not own this shade.
Dynastie (74) is a deep rose with subtle shimmer. It leans slightly red on my lips and is the perfect shade for those who are generally afraid of red lipsticks.
Dragon (75) is an extremely bold blue-based red with subtle shimmers.
Ming (76) is a beautiful soft pink with subtle shimmers. This is one of my all time favorite shades. It gives the perfect pink hue without being too light or too pink. Just right.
Santal (77) is my second favorite shade. It is a peachy nude with a slight hint of pink.  I find this as the perfect nude color without making me look like a corpse.
Phoenix (78) is a hot pink with subtle shimmers. I usually rock this color during the spring time.
Mandarin (79) is a dark coral-red with copper shimmers.  This is a unique shade but is quite difficult to capture in the swatch.
Empire (707) is the latest shade release in Chanel's Holiday 2011 Collection.  It is a a medium rose pink with gold shimmers.  Empire is a mix between Phoenix and Ming.


At a different angle:


The Rouge Allure Laques provide medium coverage with a glossy finish.  Its subtle shimmers glisten in the sun and give the lips a full, luscious look.  Since it is a liquid lipstick, the laque applies like a liquid but is not sticky.  The laque glides on smoothly and does not settle into lip lines.  The best part is the staying power of these babies.  I get a good 4-5 hrs of wear with just one coat.  If I blot and use a second coat, I get 7-8hrs of wear time.  These also leave behind a nice stain.

Here they are again in soft sunlight:


After the swatch, I tried to remove the product with makeup remover and oil-based cleansers.  The image below shows what is left behind after all the manual scrubbing.  Dragon leaves the darkest stain since it is the boldest, darkest shade out of the 7.  Ming and Santal are basically gone because they are lighter and I don't have much of the product left for a dark swatch.


Overall, I highly recommend checking out Chanel's Rouge Allure Laque.  These hold a very special place in my heart.  Every time I have to attend a wedding, party, or special dinner events, I always reach for these beauties. I know I can always count on them to provide a gorgeous glossy stain of color without drying out my lips. The most important thing to me is the wear time, especially in occasions where I know I will be photographed before and after eating a full meal. The Rouge Allure Laques have never failed me. That in itself is a testament as to how awesome these lipsticks are in order to make my HG list.

Bottom Line: Grab at least one of these incredible Rouge Allure Laques before Chanel discontinues them all. I honestly think these are sleeper hits that do not get enough attention/advertisement from Chanel. My favorite shades are Ming and Santal, two soft and beautiful shades that can be used for any occasion. For those looking for a reliable liquid lipstick that has great wear time without drying out your lips, these laques will be well worth your money.

Do you own any of these laques? What is your favorite shade?

13 comments:

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said...

I don't have one yet but I don't understand why Chanel is doing this. I hope whatever that's replacing them are somehow superior, if possible. These look amazing. AMAZING.

Kristie said...

I don't understand either, Liz. I have not been able to find any thing even remotely close to these Laques. I really hope Chanel gives these more attention.

Eden-Avalon said...

I've always had a hard time understanding these because they're so small but the price is so big D:

Emma said...

They are fabulous, why would they discontinue them! Great review :)

Sabrina said...

I am deciding on whether or not to get Dragon. The price is a little steep!

Jacqueline said...

I love the Rouge Allure Lacques, such a pity that they are discontinuing them. Your swatches are as always gorgeous and lemming inducing. I am loving the Mandarine swatch.

TzeYien89 said...

I currently own ming and i absoloutely love this shade too! and i totally agree with you about it being the perfect shadde of pink for me...

tzeyien89.blogspot.com xxx

Justine (Productrater) said...

They look so pigmented!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad about this too! I just bought Santal a couple weeks ago and am planning on picking up ming. I love them and wish I had tried them earlier and I'm upset that Chanel would discontinue these just as I am discovering them!

iamalisonm said...

That Mandarine shade is to die for!

Nalina Maharaj said...

I think that I heard they are keeping Coromandel and... one other? Unsure about that. I just discovered these after purchasing Dragon. I am legitimately sad they are discontinuing. Maybe they have something bigger and better in store?

Blush said...

Thanks for the swatches! I've seen these on a few blogs and I think I am tempted now to pick up one myself they look soooo good.

adsy1234567 said...

I love your blog, your pictures / swatches are so great! never tried these, but definitely going to the counter to check them out, all the shades look soooo good! thanks for the swatches!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!