Burberry Spring 2012 Collection Swatches and Review

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Burberry Spring 2012 Collection is now available on Nordstrom's website and at selected Nordstrom counters.  The collection has 4 new Lip Cover Satin Lipsticks, 2 Lip Glow Lip Glosses, and 1 eyeshadow.  I did not pick up any of the items while I was at the counter but will definitely place my order in the near future.  Since all of the shades are added to the permanent line, you will have plenty of time to check them out before taking the plunge.


Soft Satin Lipsticks:
  • is a light pink that provides a nice, natural nude lip without making me look like a corpse. It is pinker and doesn't lean mauve compared to Nude Rose (25)On my lips, Tulip Pink is paler compared to Nude Rose.
  • is a coral pink that instantly brightens up the face.
  • is a peachy coral that's very pretty for spring.
  • is a bold, bright fuchsia pink.

Lip Glow Natural Lip Glosses:
  • is a dark fuchsia red with no shimmers.
  • is a milky light rose with no shimmers. When I layered this on top of Tulip Pink, I get a shiny natural nude lip combination.
Sheer Eyeshadow:
  • No. 22 Pale Barley is a gray with gold shimmer and hints of beige-brown.  It is a rather unique shade that looks different in certain lights/angles.  

Overall, I like Burberry's Spring 2012 Collection. I'm particularly fond of Pale Barley eyeshadow, Nude Rose Lipgloss, Tulip Pink lipstick, and Devon Sunset lipstick.  Although these shades are not particularly mind-blowing, they are still very beautiful for spring. I think this collection will be flattering on all skin tones.  Burberry's lipsticks are creamy, opaque, and have a strong rose fragrance.  The lipglosses are not sticky but also have a strong fragrance.  If you're new to Burberry, the line has some of the best eyeshadow formulas in my opinion.  They are buttery soft and apply like a dream on the eyes.

Bottom Line: I highly recommend checking out Burberry's Spring 2012 new releases.  Again, these are NOT limited edition so take your time and try out the products in person (if you can) before making a decision.  If you're on a budget and can pick only one item, I would recommend Pale Barley eyeshadow. It is soft, subtle, but quite unique.

What are your picks from this collection? Did anything tickle your fancy?

11 comments:

Girlie Blogger said...

"Nude Rose" definitely tickled my fancy. It looks super pretty in the picture.

Kumiko Mae said...

wow that's a great collection!

Naomi said...

Phew! I am so relieved to see your swatches :) I ordered the pale barley e/s, tulip pink l/s & the nude rose l/g without seeing them in person since I don't have a Nordstrom close by that carries Burberry cosmetics. I'm glad to see I won't be disappointed. I couldn't wait because I wanted to purchase it before the end of 2011 since I'm placing myself on a makeup diet for 2012, lol. I 100% agree with you about Burberry eyeshadow formulas being one of the best, I already hit the pan on my No9 Rosewood, I love it! All thanks to your lovely photos when the line was just released. It was a tremendous help. I love your blog and look forward to reading your future postings in the New Year! :)

Replica said...

How pretty, there is quite a lot of that I want now, I'm glad that it will be part of the permanent line so there is no need to rush.
Thanks for this :)

Jamilla Camel said...

Thanks for the swatches! I'm more of a Lip Mist girl, so I think I will be passing on these.

Jacqueline said...

Burberry lip covers are one if my favorites so I'm definitely getting Golden Peach. I've been dying or them to release a coral shade. I had wanted to give Pale Barley a miss now I'm not so sure. I must swatch this in person. Thanks so much for the lovely swatches.

Rola said...

Thanks for the swatches. I am liking 13, 29, and 30.

Ansa said...

Nude rose looks amazing. Thank you for the great swatches. :)

Noniek said...

I like golden peach. Great swatches!

Kristie said...

Girlie Blogger - Nude Rose is really pretty!

Kumiko Mae - it is!

Naomi - thank you so much for your kind comment. Hopefully you'll love all of your picks!

Replica - you're welcome! It's really nice Burberry items are permanent so we don't always have to rush to buy them.

Jamilla Camel - I'm a lip mist gal as well. I love their formula!

Jacqueline - You will love Pale Barley. It's a really beautiful shade.

Rola - thanks for your comment. Let me know what you end up purchasing.

Ansa - thank you for your kind comment. Nude Rose is a beautiful shade.

Noniek - thank you. Golden Peach is very pretty!

Tammie said...

I've had the Hibiscus gloss for a while and I loooove it. Just got Pale Barley today, but I am sure I'd love it. I'm totally hooked on Burberry now haha, I also have the Rosewood eyeshadow, Cameo blush, Bright Plum gloss and Blush gloss xD

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!