MAC Naturally Collection Swatches and Review

Thursday, January 5, 2012

With numerous items released every year, there is always one particular collection that I look forward to from MAC. The most memorable one for me is The N Collection, which had a lot of beautiful natural, neutral shades that were flattering for all skin tones. This year, we have the Naturally Collection, which falls in the same category. When I heard the words "Naturally", my ears immediately perked up. It is no secret that I love neutral shades so I was extremely excited to see the collection in person.  Unfortunately, my camera battery also died at the same time so my advance apologies for the less than stellar camera phone images.


I first gravitated towards the 3 mineralize blushes, each retailing for $22USD.  They are buttery soft and incredibly pigmented with a single swipe of the finger. These are definitely bold and bright at first glance.  However, when I used a skunk brush to lightly brush them onto my cheeks, they turn out to be quite wearable.


Fresh Honey swatches as as medium apricot. On the cheeks, it doesn't look as scary if you sheer it out.

Early Morning was the scariest in the swatch.  It turned corally red on my arm and I thought that I can never pull off the color.  Using a light hand, Early Morning was a soft rustic coral with just a slight hint of red on my cheeks.  It was surprisingly..beautiful. I didn't look like I got stung by a bee.

Subtle Breeze is also another lovely blue-base pink but not so much that it's too cool for my skin tone.


Next are the lipsticks.  I've been on a nude lipstick kick lately so I was really looking forward to a couple of these shades.


Beach Sand is a light tan that was a bit too pale on my lips.
Sweet Sunrise undoubtedly made me look like a corpse.  It is a very pale pink.
A Perfect Day is a pink beige nude that I really wanted to work on me.  In the swatch, you can clearly see the pink in the shade. However when I applied it on my lips, the beige took over and I looked horrendous.
Pillow Talk is a brown pink that is surprisingly flattering on my lips.  It is a my-lips-but-with-a-tinge-of-brown.  I took this one home.


The mineralize eyeshadows are quite nice.  They have good pigmentation but the shades are not particularly unique.  The only 2 colors that stood out to me are Daylight and Cloudy Afternoon.

The lipglasses compliment the lipsticks. Fresh Air is a lovely pink shade with shimmers and Naked Space is a pretty nude peach. I did not take any of the colors home because some had a terrible plastic smell that really made me want to puke.  This has happened to several of my MAC lipglasses after 1-2 uses as well.

MAC's MSF in Blonde and Redhead are both re-promotes from the Blonde, Redhead, Brunette Collection.  I'm baffled as to why I never picked up Blonde or Redhead the first time they were released.  These are both smooth and flattering on the skin as blushes/highlighters.  I was complimented many times when I layered Blonde on top of Chanel's Rose Ecrin blush.  These are not chunky, glittery, nor do they have a metallic sheen like most MSF.  They also do not emphasize my pores either.  I will do in-depth reviews of these 2 in a later post.

Bottom Line: MAC Naturally is a nice collection with several wearable, flattering items.  My top picks are Blonde MSF, Pillow Talk lipstick, A Perfect Day (for light skin tones) and all 3 mineralize blushes. If you're on a budget and can only walk away with 1 item, my vote goes to Blonde MSF if you don't already have it.

What are your picks from this collection?

11 comments:

Justine (Productrater) said...

I picked up Fresh Honey and Redhead MSF so far. Might order A Perfect Day online, it looks so pretty.

KrySTYLES said...

Thanks so much for these swatches! I've been waiting for swatches from someone with my same skintone. I placed an order on MACs website just for Pillow Talk and A Perfect Day lipsticks. I wasn't sure which one to pick so I got both but seeing u are about the same shade in foundation as me, I'm kinda scared to see how a perfect day will look. Everything else hasn't sparked my interest.

Girlie Blogger said...

The colors look nice and rich - kudos to M.A.C. It's nice that there is a natural collection. Most M.A.C colors are super strong.

Kumiko Mae said...

oh wow i love beach sand. i hope this would be available here sooooon

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

I really like Early Morning :) It's so pretty and has a warmish tone to it =)

MissA* said...

This collection is still unavailable here. I'd love to get Blonde MSF. I've the Brunette one from the old collection.

Bailey- I Know All the Words said...

Thanks for the swatches! I picked up quite a bit from this collection (for me) and am now super excited for it to get here.

Eden-Avalon said...

Fresh honey looks extremely tempting to me!

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said...

I picked up Early Morning. Feel torn on Fresh Honey but I have a lot of orangey blush now. Not digging the powderiness of it, though.

Kristie said...

Justine - Enjoy your new goodies! I knew you were going to pick up Fresh Honey :)

KrySTYLES - I hope A Perfect Day works for you. I really wanted it to work for me!

Girlie Blogger - definitely a collection to be excited about!

Kumiko Mae - I hope they release it soon for you too.

Rainy Days and Lattes - it is pretty and surprisingly not scary looking on the cheeks.

MissA* - definitely pick up Blonde. It's super pretty.

Bailey - yay! Enjoy your new haul.

Eden-Avalon - Did you pick it up?

Liz (Beauty Reductionista)- Sorry to hear it's powdery. I think it's not that bad if used with a skunk brush?

The Muses said...

I love the whole collection !!!
It's a shame that's not already available in Austria too. Absolutely looking forward to it !

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!