Update - Laura Mercier Spring 2012 Collection Swatches and Review

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

While Chanel, Dior, Guerlain, and Bobbi Brown Spring Collections make their debut with much buzz and excitement on the blogosphere, Laura Mercier quietly released an understated yet gorgeous collection called Lingerie.  I accidentally ran into the testers for this collection while shopping at Macy's.  I could not contain my excitement when I started trying out the colors on myself.


I picked up 4 items from the collection that I thought are the most flattering on my skin tone. They are all limited edition.



The Lingerie Collection has 3 Sheer Lip Colours (1 limited edition, 2 permanent), 2 limited edition Lip Shines, a Cheek & Eye Palette, 2 Crème Cheek Colour, and 2 Tightline Cake Eye Liners. I was instantly attracted to the lip products the minute I saw the collection. Remember the limited edition Gel Lip Colours? I wish those would be made permanent!

First up are the 2 lip shines in Naked Apricot and Tempting Coral.  I have the toughest time photographing Naked Apricot. In the pot, it is a medium tone peach with the slightest hint of pink and very small shimmers.  Tempting Coral is a coral-red with gold shimmers. Both are bold in the pot but are sheerer once applied.  They are buildable and feels buttery smooth on the lips.


The Laura Mercier SA described these as "lipglosses in a pot".  In the bright sun, Naked Apricot looks more coral.


Tempting Coral's gold shimmers can be seen quite well in the sun.


If you have pigmented lips, Naked Apricot is the best "my lips but better" gloss.  Think soft, pillowy, does-she-or-does-she-not-have-makeup-on lips. Tempting Coral is a bit bolder but it is a great shade for those who are afraid of red lipsticks.  It has just the right amount of red and coral to brighten up any complexion. You can even sheer it out for a slightly bitten red stain effect.  The staying power for these aren't spectacular (if you do a lot of drinking and eating) but they are not sticky and lasts much longer compared to Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine.


Next up is Kissed Lips, the only lipstick that was marked "Limited Edition" on the tester stand.  It is coral pink with no shimmers.  The golden reflection you see in the swatch is from the flash and bright sun.  Although it's called Sheer Lips, this is not completely sheer at all. Similar to the glosses, it glides nicely on the lips and feels super smooth.


If you're wondering, the model in the collection has Naked Apricot lip shine layered on top of Kissed Lips lipstick. This combo creates a beautiful and shiny peachy coral shade that is really gorgeous.


Last but not least, I picked up Innocent Peach Cheek Colour. To my surprise, this is a cream blush.  There is a similar shade in the palette but that is in powder form.


Innocent Peach is a limited edition shade whereas Rose Desir is a permanent shade.  This has no shimmers and is a peachy pink color.  At first, I was afraid it would be too peachy on my skintone and too matte. However, I kept an open mind and had the SA tried it on me with a foundation brush.


In the finger swatches, I see a medium peach shade that is slightly scary. 


However, this glides onto my cheeks without looking cakey and did not emphasize my pores. In fact,when sheered out, Innocent Peach provides this really surprising soft, pink-peach shade with a subtle glow on my cheeks. It is simply gorgeous! I know you're wondering how in the world a peach shade can turn pink on the skin? I'm not sure either but I double and triple swatched it under different lighting. It turned pink on my NC25-30 skintone as shown below.


Overall, I am head over heels with Laura Mercier's Lingerie Collection. This provides a really great set of shades for those who are looking for soft, natural hues to enhance their natural beauty.  Aside from Chanel, I think this is one of my favorite collections this season. It is also on the more affordable side as all of the items reviewed above are $22USD.

Bottom Line: I highly recommend checking out the Lingerie Collection.  If you're on a budget and can only walk away with one item, my must-have item is definitely Innocent Peach.  It is a really beautiful blush that glides on effortlessly. 

Have you seen Laura Mercier's Lingerie Collection yet? What are your picks?

11 comments:

Girlie Blogger said...

What a sexy name. Such gorgeous colors too. Laura Mercier might be quiet about its new collection, but I am sure it'll make a loud impact with consumers.

Jamilla Camel said...

Thanks for the swatches! I need to get my hands on this!

♥ Denise ♥ said...

nice review :)!
Im really into peachy tone shades and this collection really turns me on <3

Lucy said...

I love the Kissed LIps + Naked Apricot combo... two items I'll be getting from this collection for sure :)

Estelle said...

Is that blush single "Innocent Peach"? I'm only finding Fresh Peach as part of that palette.

Kristie said...

Hi Estelle - Thank you for the correction! It is Innocent Peach. I have made the changes in the post.

Replica said...

I was drawn to the palette at first but now I think I'll have to pick up the same things you did, they look so pretty, thanks for this :)

sara said...

Picked up the palettes and it's stunning! May need the cream blush!

Alexis the Honey B said...

I think i have a blush problem because I keep buying and buying blush and always want more. I really want this blush now!!!!!! Thanks for the swatches!

Eileen said...

I saw the Lingerie display the other day, but didn't have time to stop and play. After seeing your review, though, I'll have to make some time this week to check it out.

I really love all these gorgeous pink/peach spring collections. They're a soft take on what is coming for summer. By now, I'm sure everyone knows Tangerine Tango has been declared Pantone's color of the year. It promises to be a very vibrant season :-)

The Ultimate Makeup said...

Omg Innocent Peach is gorgeous! I think I need to pick on up. Thank you so much for the review :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!