Aveeno Beautiful Change Challenge #2: Beauty Routine

Sunday, April 1, 2012




For this week's Aveeno Beautiful Change Challenge, my task is to try and simplify my beauty routine. My first step was to cut the makeup application time down to 15 minutes in the morning. It is really amazing how quickly I can apply toner, moisturizer, sunscreen, foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, blush, and lipstick after a couple of practices.  This allows me an extra 15 minutes every morning for a cup of Joe or some quick breakfast. Other baby steps I've made to simply my beauty routine are:

1. Apply cuticle oil and hand lotion before going to bed.  This way, I wake up with soft hands and great looking nails. I let the magic happen while I'm getting my beauty rest!

2. Whenever I'm in a crunch for time, I apply Aveeno's new Tinted Moisturizer with SPF.  It provides a light to medium coverage with the protection of sunscreen. This way I don't have to apply moisturizer, sunscreen, and then foundation.  3 steps in 1!

3. I apply body oil prior to stepping into the shower.  I think I read this trick somewhere in Allure magazine.  The steam from the shower helps lock in the moisture so when I come out, I don't have to re-apply more body lotion. What a time saver.

4. Last but not least, I also switched to using Aveeno's new Active Naturals Pure Renewal Shampoo and Conditioner.  These are great because they are light weight, sulfate-free, and are made with natural ingredients. To further simplify my shower routine, I use the 2-1 formula, which contains both Shampoo and Conditioner.  These smell quite nice and they do not dry out my hair.







New AVEENO® PURE RENEWAL™ lets you renew your hair to its naturally balanced state daily. Unlike ordinary shampoos, these sulphate-free formulas have Balancing Seaweed Extract; bringing hair back to its naturally healthy, most balanced state with each wash, for beautifully healthy-looking hair. Learn more here http://bit.ly/A1cjWg

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by AVEENO® via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of AVEENO®

1 comments:

Polarbelle said...

cutting out 15 minutes a day is major. Congrats!! I save time by skipping eyeliner...not entirely a good move, just a lazy one.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!