Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Ecailles and Obsidian Grey Swatches and Review

Monday, June 11, 2012

Armani Eyes To Kill Intense Eyeshadow has been very popular with beauty lovers worldwide.  The Bronze 2012 Collection has 4 brand new shades called Obsidian Black (20), Obsidian Grey (21), Ecailles (22), and Madre Perla (23). I have always been interested in ETK eyeshadows but never got around to purchasing them. Now that I have finally tried out this ridiculously awesome formula, I'm kicking myself for not picking them up a lot sooner!


The two shades that appealed most to me are Ecailles and Obsidian Grey.  Each costs $32.50 and can be purchased at all Armani Beauty counters. The texture of ETK eyeshadows are very different compared to Chanel's Illusion D'Ombre. ETK feels more like a packed powder instead of a bouncy gel.  


I really like the look of Ecailles, an aquamarine with multi-color shimmers.  I don't think I have any shades similar to this one in my collection.


In bright sunlight, you can see the shimmers in the pan.


Mesmerizing!


Obsidian Grey is a sooty grey with multi-color shimmers. It is much darker compared to Ecailles.


In bright sunlight:


Close up of Obsidian Grey:


I expected the eyeshadows to be sheer but I was surprised to find them rather pigmented in the finger swatch.  The texture allows these colors to be buildable.  You can increase the intensity of the shades by layering them.


On the lids, Ecailles has this awesome brightening effect for me.  Most aquamarine shades tend to be too blue, too frosty, or looks more like silver once applied.  Ecailles looks exactly as it does in the pan onto the eyes.  It is simply the perfect aquamarine shade for me.


Obsidian Grey can be packed on to be a deep grey or blended out to a soft light grey. The multi-color shimmers give this shade an extra oomph to make the eyes pop.


Overall, I really enjoy the ETK texture and pigmentation.  The color lasts quite well over a base and stays intense throughout the day.  One downside that I noticed is the shimmer fallout during application.  I recommend patting these onto your lids instead of using the swiping motion to minimize fallout. Once set, the shadow stays put and doesn't result in any additional fall out.

Bottom Line: I highly recommend checking out Armani's ETK eyeshadows, especially the new shades if you love greys, aquamarines, deep black forest greens.  These 4 new shades are particularly gorgeous. If you don't like shimmery eyeshadows, these might not be for you. However, I have to say that they don't look overly shimmery or glittery once applied. They're really beautiful and these shades will be flattering on most skin tones.

How many ETK do you own? What are your favorite shades?

7 comments:

4premiere said...

I love them all:) In my opinion formula is georgous and pigment very good especially ecailles and madraperla. Eyeshadows like from fairy tale

Jacqueline said...

These are the two I did not get from the summer collection. I bought Madre Perla and Obsidian Black instead. You make me regret not getting Obsidian Grey :( Great swatches. ETKs are eye shadows worth collecting.

Kumiko Mae said...

OH WOW. ECAILLES LOOK ABSOLUTELY LOVELY!!! IT'S LIKE A DUOCHROME POLISH!

makeup magpie said...

I love the Armani ETK shadows and picked up these two as well :) Your photos are spectacular!

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

I still have yet to try the ETK. I didn't particularly like the L'oreal Infallibles all that much, so I kind of assumed the ETK wouldn't be the greatest hit for me. I know I really should though, because a lot of people say they really aren't all that similar

Memoiselle said...

Obsidian grey looks great! I don't think I would have enough ETK, they are so gorgeous and very hard to resist.

misselainnio said...

I love ETKs!

I have #3, #4, #7, #8, #15.

I am going to pick up #23, and most likely another 3 more from #24 to #29. (There are 6 more new shades coming out for Summer)
http://www.urcosme.com/beautynews/article-4744.htm

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!