Confessions Of A Beauty Addict - Travel Edition

Friday, September 21, 2012

As you may have noticed, the blog has been on a hiatus for a couple of weeks. I have been busy traveling and it's not always easy to get internet connection overseas. However, I am back and excited to share with you a wide range of products that are available at duty-free counters.

Guerlain:


Lipstick Trio:


Kiss Kiss Trio:


Exclusive Limited Edition Rue Tronchet Eyeshadow Palette:


Blanc de Perle Skincare Set:


Dior:


Eye palette with tweezers and a mini mascara:


YSL:


Ete a fleur de peau collection:


Givenchy:


Lipstick Trio:


Lipgloss:


Jill Stuart:


Gorgeous perfume bottles:


Pink and girly accessories:


Burberry - yes, you heard it right. Burberry counters at selected Duty Free Stores!


Last but not least, my all time favorite Chanel:


Glossimers and Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss Trios:


The shades included:


Eyeshadow quads - I'm surprise to see these at DFS but the collection has not been released in the US yet.


Close up of Variation Quad:


Vision Illusion d'Ombre:


Abstraction Illusion d'Ombre:


If you are traveling internationally, I highly recommend visiting the Duty Free Stores at both the departing and arriving airports.  I typically find products on the US side ranging from $2 to $25 dollars cheaper. For example, Chanel nail polishes cost $23USD with no tax at DFS compared to the usual $26USD.  High end skincare brands such as La Mer and La Prairie are also cheaper at DFS. You can also find duty free exclusive palettes, trios, quints, etc that cannot be purchased at local counters or online.  In Asia, the French brands tend to cost higher even without the additional tax. However, you can find some real treasures overseas from Chanel, Dior, and Guerlain Asia Exclusive Collections.  Asian brands such as SKII, Jill Stuart, Anna Sui, and Shu Uemura have exclusives with great prices at Asia International Airports. 

Another tip is to check out the on-flight Duty Free Catalogs.  If you fly to Asia, certain airlines have catalog specials that offer great savings.  

What are some awesome products that you have found while traveling?

10 comments:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

I love duty free stores :D I wish we could just go there and shop all the time, but it's always restricted to traveling ppl :p I love the Chanel travel set!

Kumiko Mae said...

oh lord those perfume bottles are sooo so nice!

makeup magpie said...

Welcome back! So many pretty things! Makes me wish I traveled more :)

Jacqueline said...

Oh my, I drooled all over my iPad. I love DFS shopping but usually can't decide what to buy because there are so many nice things to choose from. I love the travel exclusives but never buy them because I keep thinking I won't use some of the colours. The Guerlain eye palette and Givenchy travel exclusive is crazy beautiful. I'll be traveling in December so I can't wait to haul.

Mylinda said...

Love it!

ILMIOPICCOLOMONDO said...

wow...! I love Dior and Guerlain Kit :-)

Kiss (from Italy) :-)

Andrea

Kristie said...

Rainy Days and Lattes - Me too! I completely agree that we should be able to shop as much as we please at duty free stores :)

Kumiko Mae - Jill Stuart cosmetics and fragrances are super pretty aren't they?!

makeup magpie - Thank you! How about planning a trip to Europe this year ;)

Jacqueline - yay!! I can't wait to see what you haul. Have a great time on your trip in December.

Mylinda - me too :) The brands really know how to sucker us in with all these goodies.

ILMIOPICCOLOMONDO - Hi Andrea! Thanks for your sweet comment.

Rola said...

Duty free always offer fantastic deals, can't wait for my vacation!

Anonymous said...

In which DFS did you find the Burberry counter? I once emailed the Burberry Beauty customer service and they said it's only available at Heathrow :(

Kristie said...

Hi Anon - This burberry counter is in Hong Kong

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!